Award for an extraordinary project targeted to reduce negative environmental impact of waste on the environment and human health and support green economic growth.
What should the nomination be about: This category is designed to recognize most inspiring
program/project/initiative, which company implements over and above statutory obligations, aimed at promoting and supporting proper waste management activities (4R practices – Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Recovery) among business sector targeted to reduce negative environmental impact of waste on the environment and human health and support green economic growth.
Namely nominated program/project/initiative should support following:
- Activities that will significantly reduce the amount of waste that goes to the landfill;
- Long-term innovative purchasing programs that promote the procurement of recycled and
environmentally preferable (e.g. less packaging) products.
Waste separation and recycling:
- Waste separation programs (e.g. paper, plastic, glass, aluminum) at companies for further recycling (Obligatory: separated waste should be delivered to or collected by the aggregating/recycling companies).;
- Composting programs.
Supplementary activities – Promotion of a proper waste management practices (4R principles):
- Long-term awareness raising and capacity building programs (events/campaigns, trainings) for employees of the companies concerning waste minimization, separation and recycling;
- Events/campaigns for general public to promote, raise awareness on, and involve population in waste minimization, separation and recycling processes..